07 September 2007

I wonder if there is a prize for the world's worst blogger. If so, I think I should enter.
So... it's been a busy summer. While everyone else has been complaining about the weather, I've been quite relieved that there has been no sunshine to tempt me outdoors. Maybe that's because I had three fantastic weeks outdoors in July, though. I was in the Yukon, again, this time canoeing a section of the Yukon River (well, we did a tiny bit of canoeing, but the river flows fast so a lot of the time we just floated and drank a cup of tea) and then hiking over the Chilkoot Pass. The Chilkoot was the most popular route to the Klondike gold fields in 1897-8; the stampeders called it "the meanest 32 miles in history". It wasn't mean to us, most of the the time - in fact, it was beautiful - but the day we crossed the pass was slightly unkind, with driving rain and 2 degrees Celsius! Anyway, here are some pics.











2 Comments:

Blogger SusanE said...

Next time you do the Yukon I'm sure you'll need a translator or something.... someone who speaks "Canadian". Feel free to call me and I'll come along and help you out any way I can.

10:31 pm  
Blogger Deb Robertson Writes said...

but are you going to write about it?? Have nearly read all your books, must be time for a new one! You are an inspiration.

3:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home