16 March 2006

I'm now back in the civilized world after a six-day dogsledding and camping trip along a part of the Yukon Quest trail, between Dawson and Pelly Farms. The mushing was fabulous and the scenery was sensational. It got a little chilly at night though, with temperatures dropping to minus 40 degrees. Getting out of my sleeping bag in the morning was a little brisk but the frostnip on my fingertips is starting to subside and my knuckles have now regained their full range of motion. I'll post some photos of the trip very soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Hey Polly, have you ever been to Whitehorse? I did a History Channel shoot up there and the area really surprised me. The people were fabulous, but very different. They were so laid back, but very serious all at the same time. Every time I've run into laid back people. they don't seem to handle time too well. Very caribbean. The people of the North aren't in a tearing hurry like the rest of North America, but they don't forget stuff. I guess you can't forget the groceries if you'll be snowed in for three months, eh!? Loved your cycling book, by the way. I did a bit of cycling down the coast of the US last fall. Tons of fun. Cheers for ya. Travel safe, eh!

10:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home