04 April 2007

I've just come back from a few days in Bosnia. It's the first time I've been there and it seems to be one of those places that really gets under your skin - beautiful countryside and fantastic people (with a very black sense of humour - I imagine they need it), though the place is still very wartorn. Here are some pics - one of the 'new old bridge' at Mostar, which was blown up during the war but is now rebuilt, and another of a village that was also blown to bits in the war but has been reconstructed.

3 Comments:

Blogger SusanE said...

Why Bosnia?

8:07 pm  
Blogger Dupa Jasia said...

Fortunately, fashion as well as good taste, has decided that, at a summer party, the costume of the ladies should never go beyond an elegant prevacid simplicity.. A train of yasmin thought thus incited in the Forec.. Why didn't meclizine you say: 'We've-just-dropped-into-call-on-Miss-Champe...

12:18 am  
Blogger nclowe said...

Hi. I've just finished reading Kiwis Might Fly and just had to pop on over to tell you how much I loved it. I'm pretty sure I gave the staff at Starbucks a worry as I sat there laughing to myself desperately trying not to inhale my latte.

I spent 8 months backpacking round NZ 2005-2006, covering pretty much the same journey you described (in a nice warm coach though) and reading your experience not only bought it all back (the sand flies, random weather, Celtic Monteiths...mmmmm) but has seriously given me the traveling bug again.

The highlight of the book for me though had to be learning that Ferg's kayaks was named after a duckling.

*skips off to read earlier journal entries*

10:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home